It's time

I found a wonderful poem, written specifically for a Mission trip, that feels just perfect for this morning!

I know it speaks directly to my experience for the past decade.
Hopefully it echoes in the hearts of all of us leaving this morning, whether it's our first trip or our twelfth!


Today I get my big break.

A chance to go.
A chance to do.

I strategically fold my life in a black duffel bag,
packing hunger for adventure, opportunity and a blank notebook.

With all the lists checked and provisions in hand,
I claim a space in a maroon hulk.

Who would have thought I would be driving into the heart of the country - with strangers?
God did.

How awesome is the Creator I serve?
He loves the big picture.
And the thought that He chose me to be a stroke in the picture He is painting is beyond words.

My hope is that, for Him, I will be unhindered, unashamed, and set apart;
that our group will be Holy, as He is Holy.

I really cannot imagine what my personal experience will be,
what I will learn, or how I will grow;
I do know it will be
life altering.

My goal is to be constantly aware that I am living out what we have all been planning and waiting for.

This is not the time to be tired or have a negative attitude.
This is the time to truly live;
to breathe in a different culture and surroundings and love.

For the next week, I want to be a giver and a doer - and to receive the unknown blessings that God has in store for me.


Just a note about this years blog.
We are delighted you want to follow along and we're eager to share the work we'll do in a place we love.

There's no denying, however, that 'feeding a blog' takes time...
and we've found that time tending a blog is time away from community - and building community - both with people on Rosebud and with others on the Mission trip with us - is our primary goal.

So, this year, while there
will be a post a day, reflections and thoughts will probably be added after we get back.

We'll be posting pictures daily though which should give you a visual impression of what we're doing!

We're glad you're with us...we KNOW we'll have a blast!

Comments

  1. thanks for posting! i just checked out all the photos and everything looks wonderful. i really enjoyed our trip there for our senior mission trip; it's so neat that you have continued to go there! love the clouds there too. looks like you all did some great work! welcome home! :)
    emily smith (fortman)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts