Final thoughts

Wacipi canceled due to rain; disappointed but dry!
Some of us spent time with Stace and Harold at their home for a brief visit while others volunteered to stay back at Bishop Hare Center and clean - willing hearts and hands; gotta love it!


"This has been a week of contrasts: soft beds and hard floors,work and play, plenty and want, frustration and satisfaction, strangers and friends, the familiar and the unknown, but all with an underlying unity.
I am thankful for it all".
Mary Jane Crews


Tonight's Circle Prayer:
I pray for the strength to accept that lives most often end in tragedy,
that quests don't always work,
that understanding is a lonely road,
that I can't reason my way to love,
eat gold or live forever
and that none of this matters.
I pray to understand that I am here to find my way back to God, whatever that takes: and that all the rest, save love and duty, is an illusion.


I set out on this trip like every other year - prepared to help a community of friends. As I reflect over the week, I feel it has been a lot about myself.
I left my crazy world back home for mom to handle (thanks mom) and regained my inner strength.
I walked away from a beautiful deck I helped to build, walls I helped scrape, and a storm door I finished installing, feeling proud of my accomplishments.
I rekindled past friendships and made new friends and even helped cook dinner without a microwave. I worked out frustrations, regained my spiritual faith and feel like I can come back home ready to face anything.
Mission trips often feel like retreats to me because, although hard physical labor or the compassion of a listening ear is many times required, the experiences cleanse my soul, clear the cob webs and is a reality check of how life could be and is for others.
I hope my work helps Krista and Heath feel as good about themselves as it has made me feel doing it.
I look forward to next year's 18 hour trip with my Emmanuel and Lutheran family as we travel to Mission, South Dakota.
Embrace the Ministry,
Tammy Schmitz

THE DATE FOR NEXT YEARS TRIP HAS BEEN RESERVED: JUNE 19-26TH.
Give prayerful consideration to joining us.

Comments

Popular Posts