Upon arrival home - 7/4/09

Upon my arrival home and after my shower I read through the next prayer in the booklet used during our circle time. There is such meaning in the prayers easily related to specific days. The realities of home are starting to set in as I finish the wash from the past week, run to the pet store to purchase more crickets for the reptiles, and catch up on the world news since I've been gone.
I woke up this morning with mixed feelings. Happy to be home as I missed my daughter and mom, but missing the sweet grass smells of South Dakota. I carefully planted my sage and wild rose dug from the sandy grounds of South Dakota this morning.
As I enter the coming week I expect memories of this past week will trigger times for written expression and meditation. I want to thank my drivers, Andy and Donna for a safe trip and the encouraging words and team work of the whole group this past week. I hope those of you who followed our trip will give much thought to attending next year's trip.
Words can not express the beauty of the land, meaning of friendships made and to be made, renewing spiritual faith in God and finding inner strength and a peace of one's self these trips provide for me. Each trip has its own face and personal experience unlike our everyday life experiences. This just might be a trip for you.

No skill required.

peace,
Tammy Schmitz

Comments

Popular Posts